PT Wound Care Course Description
PT Course Cost: $897
CE credits awarded: 57 hours
Hours to complete: 57 hours*
Course access: 6 months
PT Wound Care Certification Course Online Training Component
- 17 interactive modules pertain to all areas of wound management
- Quizzes and tests gauge your knowledge and identify areas in need of improvement
- Digital images, animated activities, and video clips demonstrate important learning concepts
- Charts and study guides can be easily downloaded for future reference
- Current journal articles can be downloaded and printed
- Key terms are presented with each module to reinforce important concepts
PT Wound Care Certification Training Kit
- Current wound management textbook reinforces online training
- Interactive CD containing case studies that allow you to apply your wound care knowledge through the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Wound Certification Study guide includes an outline of each module and a note-taking area to use while completing online coursework
- Sample products help you master all categories of wound dressing techniques
- WoundSource product guide that includes clinically-reviewed product information for over 1600 wound care products manufactured by over 200 companies
PT Wound Certification Study Guides Included
- Online flashcards reinforce key definitions
- Detailed course outline to help you prepare for the examination
- Practice tests and quizzes are included with each module to strengthen learning
- Ability to track progress and return to any course area to reinforce specific topics
- Test-taking strategies and practice certification exam
PT Wound Care Course Eligibility Requirements
Anyone can enroll in the PT wound care certification course online. However, only students meeting the certifying body’s criteria are eligible to take the wound certification examination and receive certification credentials.
The wound care certification examination and credentials are provided by a national inter-disciplinary certifying board for healthcare professionals involved in wound care. Physical Therapists with either a Bachelors, Doctoral or Master’s degree in a life sciences-related field and who have three or more years of clinical wound care experience are eligible to take the national wound certification examination. The test fee for the wound certification examination is $575 (this fee is not included in the price of the course).
Submit your review
The course is thorough,informative and motivating.
Great overview! As a Physical Therapist, some of the content may have included specific roles in the healthcare settings etc. Also the modality section seemed to be
limited in scope.
I just wanted to let you know that I used wound educators study program to help me study for the CWS exam, I am pleased to say, I finally received my test results and am now a Certified Wound Specialist...
Thanks again very much for your assistance with this process....
I am very happy to have taken this course. The content and materials help me to see, learn and consolidate my knowledge in this marvellous area. All Physical Therapists can benefit and contribute to the grait arsenal that we have to treat and cure our patient.
This is a great study tool. I feel like I have learned so much from doing this course. I loved the fact that I could do the when it was convenient for me to fit it into my schedule. It was interesting and kept my attention. This is a great way to cover and learn alot of material efficiently. I am so glad that I took this course!