MA Wound Care Certification Course Description
Our MA Wound Care Certification Course provides medical assistants with the knowledge needed to prepare for national wound care certification.
MA Wound Care Course Cost: $897
CE credits awarded: 50 hours
Hours to complete: 50 hours*
Who is this Wound Course For?
Medical Assistants who are interested in becoming a CWCA® Certified Wound Care Associate and/or WCC® Wound Care Certified can use this course to ensure they are fully prepared for the wound care certification exam. Alternately, any Medical Assistant interested in advancing their wound care career can complete our course to leverage more experience with their current employer. This wound care program is also a great way to simply brush up on necessary wound care knowledge.
What’s Included in Our Online Wound Care Certification Course?
- Quizzes and wound certification tests gauge your knowledge and identify areas in need of improvement
- Digital wound images, animated activities, and video clips demonstrate important wound management concepts
- Charts and wound certification study guides can be easily downloaded for future reference
- Current journal articles can be downloaded and printed
- Key wound care terms are presented with each module to reinforce important concepts
- 17 Interactive Modules:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Wound Healing
- Factors Affecting Wound Healing
- Assessment and Documentation
- Management of Infection
- Dressing Selection
- Adjunctive Treatment Modalities
- Nutrition and Wound Healing
- Arterial Insufficiency Ulcers
- Venous Insufficiency Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Neuropathic Ulcers
- Miscellaneous Wounds
- Basic Dermatology
- Legal, Ethical, and Reimbursement Issues Related to Wound Management
MA Wound Care Certification Course Training
- Wound management e-textbook reinforces online training
- Interactive chapters containing wound management case studies that allow you to apply your wound care knowledge through the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Wound care certification study guide includes an outline of each module and a note-taking area to use while completing online coursework
Wound Care Certification Study Guides Included
- Online wound care flashcards reinforce key definitions
- Detailed course outline to help you prepare for the examination
- Practice tests and quizzes are included with each module to strengthen learning
- Ability to track progress and return to any course area to reinforce specific topics
- Test-taking strategies and practice certification exam
Anyone can enroll in the MA wound certification course. However, only students meeting the certifying body’s criteria are eligible to take the wound certification examination and receive certification credentials.
The wound certification examination and credentials are provided by a national inter-disciplinary certifying board for healthcare professionals involved in wound care. MAs with three years of clinical experience and at least a high school diploma are eligible to take the national wound care certification examination. The test fee for the wound certification examination is $375 (this fee is not included in the price of the course.)