CNA Wound Care Course Description
Our CNA Wound Care Certification Course provides medical assistants with the knowledge needed to prepare for national wound care certification.
CNA Wound Care Course Cost: $797
CE credits awarded: 50 hours
Hours to complete: 50 hours*
Who is the CNA Wound Course For?
Certified Nursing Assistants who are interested in becoming a CWCA® Certified Wound Care Associate and/or WCC® Wound Care Certified can use this course to ensure they are fully prepared for the wound care certification exam. Alternately, any Certified Nursing Assistant interested in advancing their wound care career can complete our course to leverage more experience. This CNA wound care program is also a great way to simply gain necessary wound care knowledge for a fraction of the typical price.
What’s Included in Our Online Wound Care Certification Course?
- Quizzes and wound certification tests gauge your knowledge and identify areas in need of improvement
- Digital images, animated activities, and video clips demonstrate important wound management concepts
- Charts and study guides can be easily downloaded for future reference
- Current journal articles can be downloaded and printed
- Key wound care terms are presented with each module to reinforce important concepts
- 17 Interactive Modules:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Wound Healing
- Factors Affecting Wound Healing
- Assessment and Documentation
- Management of Infection
- Dressing Selection
- Adjunctive Treatment Modalities
- Nutrition and Wound Healing
- Arterial Insufficiency Ulcers
- Venous Insufficiency Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Neuropathic Ulcers
- Miscellaneous Wounds
- Basic Dermatology
- Legal, Ethical, and Reimbursement Issues Related to Wound Management
CNA Wound Care Certification Course Benefits
- Current wound management e-textbook reinforces online training
- Wound management case studies that allow you to apply your wound care knowledge through the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Wound care certification study guide includes an outline of each module and a note-taking area to use while completing online coursework
Wound Care Certification Study Guides Included
- Online wound care flashcards reinforce key definitions
- Detailed course outline to help you prepare for the examination
- Practice tests and quizzes are included with each module to strengthen learning
- Ability to track progress and return to any course area to reinforce specific topics
- Test-taking strategies and practice certification exam
Anyone can enroll in the CNA wound certification course. However, only students meeting the certifying body’s criteria are eligible to take the wound certification examination and receive certification credentials.
The wound certification examination and credentials are provided by a national inter-disciplinary certifying board for healthcare professionals involved in wound care. CNAs with three years of clinical experience and at least a high school diploma are eligible to take the national wound care certification examination.