RN Wound Care Certification Course
CE credits awarded: 57 hours
Hours to complete: 57 hours*
RN Wound Care Certification Online Training Component
- 17 interactive modules pertain to all areas of wound management
- Quizzes and tests gauge your knowledge and identify areas in need of improvement
- Digital images, animated activities, and video clips demonstrate important learning concepts critical to success as a wound care certified RN
- Charts and study guides can be easily downloaded for future reference
- Current journal articles can be downloaded and printed
- Key terms are presented with each module to reinforce important concepts necessary for RN wound care certification
RN Wound Care Certification Training Kit
- Current wound management textbook reinforces online training
- Interactive CD containing case studies that allow you to apply your wound care knowledge through the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Wound Care Certification Study guide includes an outline of each module and a note-taking area to use while completing online coursework
- Sample wound care products help you master all categories of wound dressing techniques
- WoundSource product guide that includes clinically-reviewed product information for over 1600 wound care products manufactured by over 200 companies
RN Wound Care Certification Study Guides Included
- Online wound management flashcards reinforce key definitions
- Detailed course outline to help you prepare for the examination
- Practice tests and quizzes are included with each module to strengthen learning
- Ability to track progress and return to any course area to reinforce specific topics
- Test-taking strategies and practice certification exam
Wound Care Certification for RN Eligibility Requirements
The Wound Care Nurse Certification Course for RNs is recommended for registered nurses with an Associates Degree or Diploma.
Anyone is free to enroll in the RN Wound Care Nurse Certification Course and take the online wound care course completion test. However, only students meeting the certifying body’s criteria are eligible to take the wound certification examination and receive certification credentials.
The RN wound care certification examination and credentials are provided by a national inter-disciplinary certifying board for healthcare professionals involved in wound care. RNs with three years of clinical experience and at least a high school diploma are eligible to take the national wound certification examination. The test fee for the wound certification examination is $575 (this fee is not included in the price of the RN wound care course).
Wound Care Certification for Nurses
Many nurses are driven to obtain wound care nurse certification because they love the independence that wound care nurses often enjoy. They also enjoy the unparalleled sense of accomplishment in seeing a wound that some might view as unhealable through to complete wound healing. Being a wound care nurse can be a very fulfilling job, both personally and professionally. A wound care nurse can often command a higher salary and earns the respect of colleagues and employers alike. Wound care nurse certification can set you apart from the pack and can help you achieve your professional goals. Use our wound care certification for RNs to help achieve your next career advancement!